Monday 4 June 2012

Your Brain on NaNoWriMo


I've never done this before, but instead of my own blog post, I am going to put in a link to The Office of Letters and Light, better known as National Novel Writing Month (Nanowrimo - the goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November). 

They posted a great article about why you can be more creative if you turn of that nasty "internal editor" for awhile.  This article is an interview with a brain researcher named Charles Lamb.

I have now done 3 Nanowrimo's and am always amazed at the solutions I come up with because I have challenged myself to write and some of it even flows pretty well.  I give up caring about how good my writing is, and just do it. 

Here is the link to the OLL blog:  Your Brain on NaNoWriMo

Here is a TED video of Charles Limb talking about his research:  Your Brain on Improv

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.