Tuesday 17 March 2015

Book Review: In The Woods by Tana French

In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1)In the Woods Dublin Murder Squad #1) by Tana French

Summary:
Dublin 1984 dusk, three children vanish in the woods. One, Rob Ryan, grips a tree trunk in terror, unable to recall any detail of previous hours. Twenty years later, the detective on the Dublin Murder Squad keeps his past a secret. But when a girl 12 is killed in the same woods, Rob and Detective Cassie Maddox — partner and best pal - investigate present and past.


Review:
I really wanted to like this book -- the premise sounded great -- the idea of two murders somehow connected but years apart. And the writing was really good, full of rich description and beautiful phrasing. The author obviously did lots of research and made interesting characters.

Despite all of this, I found this book hard to get into, and by half way through, I stopped caring about the characters. It was disappointing. I kept reading because I really wanted to see how the whole situation was resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.