Friday 1 April 2011

What Inspires You?

Inspiration
 
Here I sit, waiting for inspiration to hit me.
Like what?
A slap in the face? A ton of bricks?
Something I’ll easily recognize, I hope.

Will I see the inspiration behind my thoughts?
Will I be open to divine intervention?
Would I know a sign,
Even if it had giant, flashing arrows pointed at it?

Would I mistake it for a bug,
An inconvenience?
Something to swat out of existence before it even gets started?
Or would I be offended because someone had slapped me?
Will I be too busy carpooling, cooking, and cleaning bathrooms
To see what is right in front of me?

I’ll take a minute now,
With the kids screaming in the yard,
Trying to figure out what to make for dinner,
And wait to be inspired.


c Coreena McBurnie, 2009


I would love to hear how other people get inspired for their creative adventures?  Do you need a certain "head space", music, place, feeling?  Please feel free to comment.

1 comment:

I really appreciate your comments.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.