Monday 8 April 2013

Napowrimo Day 8 Poem: Panic

No prompt used. I tried and tried to use the prompt, which was to write an ocatva rima, but it just wasn't working for me. I like the idea of that form, so will try to come back to it. I actually wasn't sure about this poem, but thought I'd post anyway. It's pretty raw and I may come back to it.

April 8/13

Panic

Teeth clenched,
Shaky inside,
A tangled knot.

Darkness oozes,
Fills,
Overcomes.

Paralysis.
Stuck.
Can't move.

Deep breaths
Don't calm.
Overwhelm.

On edge.
Anxiety,
Fear.

Panic
Attacks
Me.


2 comments:

  1. This is so curious. It's late evening after the Muse Gathering. But on the way to the Muse Gathering I thought to myself that perhaps we'd all like to write a poem about anxiety. It was a fleeting thought, but a good one. And look, here you'd already written one. huh. And a heart wrenching one at that. Thanks so much for sharing your poems, Coreena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny that on such a fun night, we would both be thinking this. Glad you liked it.

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.