Friday 26 April 2013

Napowrimo Day 26 Poem


Napowrimo Day 26 Poem

Prompt: Write a poem from the perspective of a rock.

April 26/13



Rock

Sun baked and hot, still,
Alone on a crowded beach,
As people crunch by.
Colours catch someone's attention,
Then dropped,
Clashing, chipping against the ground.
Shores crabs tickle their way underneath,
Seaweed drapes over.
Witness to the extinction of the dinosaurs,
The birth of humans,
Outlasting all except time.
Rough edges smoothed by
The pounding of tossing waves
Day after night after day.
In another thousand years,
Will be sand.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I am not very good at poem writing, so anyone who can impresses me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm not very good either, but I'm posting anyway.

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.